The Wilderness EMT upgrade is designed as an add-on module for existing EMTs. It builds on an EMT’s current knowledge to stabilize patients in urban settings, by making use of whatever equipment Mother Nature offers in a wilderness setting. The course expands your knowledge base to operate hours away from hospital care and other emergency services. We give students the chance to practice practical situations in several all day scenarios. Those who routinely transport sick or injured patients from back-country settings would benefit from this course.
What to expect:
- In-depth interactive hands-on scenarios
- Patient assessment & treatment practice
- Nationally recognized 3-year certification
- Renewable every 3 years at lower cost
- 40-hour course over 5 days
- Course cost including book and ASHI certification – $500